BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

About Me

My photo
I love serving the Lord along side my wonderful husband and best friend who just happens to also be my Worship Pastor. I am a stay at home homeschooling mom of 5 kids, two of which are blessings we adopted from Haiti.

Friday, February 19, 2010

Pandemonium at it's best!















Well, I got a little behind blogging because I was without a computer for a week. Let me tell you ALOT can happen around the Peyton household. I will try to remember all the big highlights:) On Thursday a week ago we washed MA's hair for the first time. For 2 and 1/2 hours I took out the braids, washed, conditioned, dried and straitened her hair. I am still working on the styling part:) I have french braided part of it, sectioned it into 4 parts and put in clips and MA has even put braids in her own hair which was very impressive. Today I did the weekly shampooing and then took her to have it "pressed" and curled. I think she really liked it! On Friday, MA ran a fever and was in bed all day. It was really difficult to figure out what was going on since she couldn't tell me what was wrong. Thankfully she got over it within a day and was back to herself. I was getting a complex cause at first I thought she just didn't like her hair:) The next day, H started running fever and was in bed all day. I was beginning to see a pattern that I didn't want to continue with the rest of the family! It was twice as bad because that was our (D and my) Valentine's date night. The church had arranged for childcare which cost us a mere $10- you cannot beat that with a stick! Oh well, we certainly look forward to the next one. It ended up being a pretty nice night. I picked up take-out from D's favorite bbq place and brought it home. The kids actually stayed upstairs watching a movie while we ate our yummy dinner and had our first real conversation in days. I see a lot of these kinds of dates in our future. H did end up with a double ear infection and pink eye.
MA and J sure must think that life is just a party with all the celebrating we have been doing... H's birthday, Valentine's Day and next week- Abigail's birthday. I am sure that they had NO idea why there were hearts, and flowers and chocolates but I know they didn't seem to mind decorating cupcakes and making Valentines.
With 5 kids it seems like there is always a time in which someone is always out of sorts. J had quite a few problems with discipline but has really turned things around. He would completely shut down the minute you disciplined him in the least bit. Now he will actually respond when you are correcting him and has managed a few "yes sir, no sirs" I think that they really crave the structure and discipline but they have never had it and don't really know what to do with it. One day this past week, J refused to make his bed. He would just stand in front of it and look around. The girls made their beds and went off to start their school work and J started to follow. I took him back into his room 2 or 3 times. On about the 4th time he came out I went in and his bed was made with stuffed animals and all:) Now every morning he gets up and makes his bed.
Tuesday night things got pretty interesting when C decided to drink a bottle of Delsym cough syrup. After making a quick call to poison control they instructed us to head right away to the ER. D was out the door within seconds and broke all kinds of traffic laws getting to the hospital. Once there the ER doctor informed D that there was nothing in the cough syrup that could be fatal but it could cause hallucinations. After a few hours of observation they were sent home. C only bumped into the walls twice and boy did he sleep well that night. Of course, he was nestled in between mommy and daddy the whole night so I didn't have to keep getting up 100 times to go check on him:)
Thursday we had the opportunity to share our adoption story with some precious friends who are starting the adoption process for a child from Ethiopia. Can't wait to share this journey with them! I hope and pray that this adoption thing is catching on:)
Tonight we had a great time with our sweet, sweet friends who welcomed MA and J with a Meet the Haitian Sensations gift card shower. It was a fun time of fellowship while the kids played. We so appreciated everyone who participated in welcoming the new additions to our family. Of course the gift cards will certainly go to good use!
SO that is our week of Peyton Pandemonium...God's blessings continue to flow.

0 comments: