BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

About Me

My photo
I love serving the Lord along side my wonderful husband and best friend who just happens to also be my Worship Pastor. I am a stay at home homeschooling mom of 5 kids, two of which are blessings we adopted from Haiti.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Busy Living Life

Wow! It has been about a month since my last blog. We have been busy living life:) Well, where to start. Let me say that things have gotten a lot easier as we have been working out the kinks. I am proud to announce that I am now called "mommy" rather than "mama blanc" although I am going to miss being called White mama:) J has become a well adjusted little boy and his stubborn behaviors are showing up a lot less frequently. MA is becoming more of a typical 9 year old girl every day including the attitude from time to time. H can definitely give her lessons on being a drama queen! MA and H went to a sleep over at a friends house without any problems. I can see how much MA just wants to be a regular American girl- including her very own best friend. For a couple of Sundays she has chosen to go to a different Life Group class from H so that she can be with her best friend. We have everyone, who is old enough to play, signed up for soccer. This means 4 practices and 4 games on Saturday. D said that MA and H did great at their first practice and MA had no problem understanding what to do. It is going to be a busy but fun 9 weeks:) MA and J's English is coming right along. We haven't been able to do the Rosetta Stone everyday but they do enjoy it and are starting to use more and more words. I think we will hold off on the writing and reading sections for a while. I found it quite comical that Rosetta Stone was teaching plural and singular the 3rd lesson. They were supposed to decide if they needed to use the words is or are based on if it was singular or plural. Really?? How about starting with just good ole nouns?! MA had her second dentist appt. in which she got 3 cavities filled. She was such a trooper and didn't cry a bit. It was a little comical to see her drooling and she kept asking me to feel her lip as if I could feel how numb it was. Other important tooth news is that I pulled her first tooth (well at least it was a first for us). I knew that I could explain "Tooth Fairy" to her but we did put her tooth under her pillow and this morning I asked her if her tooth was still there. When she looked she said "whoa" and kept looking at her dollar. I know she has never owned her very own dollar (another first!). Another great reaction from her was when she saw her Easter basket on Easter morning. She kept repeating "Oh, my goodness! Oh, my goodness!" I think she was very impressed by the Easter bunny:) J kept telling C that those things in his basket were his. We had a quick lesson on "mine, mine, mine". It doesn't take long to pick up some habits. I am sure that he is afraid that everything will be taken away from him like it was at the orphanage but we just keep reassuring him that we won't take it (unless as a discpline consequence!) We had a terrific first Easter together filled with egg hunts, Easter baskets, friends over for Easter dinner and of course our traditional "peep fight". Sweet little A really had a great time telling everyone that Jesus dies on Good Friday but she was glad that her Jesus was alive again! Well that is Peyton Pandamonium at its finest! Tomorrow we are going to see precious C in his 3 year old MDO program. Great stuff!

0 comments: